In this I Love the Rain guitar lesson You will learn how to play this Lenny Kravitz song on guitar.
Look at what will be included in this I Love the Rain guitar lesson.
- I Love the Rain Guitar Chords
- Intro Licks to I love the Rain
- The Lick that ties the Verse and Chorus together
- How to Strum I Love the Rain
- Chord progression
- Get the Tab
- Bonus Video
- I Love the Rain Lyrics
As you can see in this guitar lesson, you will learn everything you need. So that you can play I love the rain by Lenny Kravitz. So Grab your guitar and let me show you how to play I love the Rain chords and more…
I Love the Rain Chords
Here are the chords to I Love the Rain. If you are a new guitar player and you are not used to bar chords. Scroll down and take a look at the Simple Guitar Chords.
How to Play the A Major Chord
- Place Your first finger on the 4th string. The D string. At the second fret.
- Your second finger is on the 3rd string. Which is the G string. Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the B string. At the second fret. This is the 2nd string.
- Strum from the 5th string down, and don’t play the 6th strings.
Finger Position of G Major Bar Chord
- Place Your First finger across all the strings at the 3rd fret
- Then your second finger is on the 3rd string, at the 4th fret. (G String)
- Your third finger is on the 5th string, at the 5th fret.
- And Put your pinkie under your third finger. On the 4th string at the 5th fret.
- You can strum all the strings.
If you find playing bar chords to be difficult. Check out this post on how to play an F chord. There are some great tips to make it easy.
F Bar Chord Finger Position
- Your first finger is across all the strings at the First fret. Like a Capo.
- Place your second finger on the 3rd string. (G string). At the second fret.
- Then place your third finger on the 5th string. The A string, on the 3rd fret.
- Under the third finger is your pinkie. Also at the 3rd fret on the 4th string. (D String)
- You can strum all the strings when playing the F Barre Chord.
Related Article: Everything is Cool Chords By John Prine.
E Chord Finger Position
- Place your first finger on the 3rd string. (G string). At the first fret.
- Your second finger is on the A string. (5th string). Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the D string. 4th string, second fret.
- When strumming the E chord you can strum all the strings.
Related Article: Ultimate Guitar Tuning Guide How to Tune Your Guitar.
How to Strum I Love the Rain
Such a cool easy strumming pattern. It’s great if you are a beginner. It goes like this: D U D D U D U D D U D. Or Down Up Down Down Up.
Related Article: How Do You Play Guitar With a Pick (Tips You Should Know)
I Love the Rain Intro Lick
The Lick starts on the High E string. The first string, at the 5th fret. Using Your first finger, you want to bend the string just slightly. Pick the first string and let it ring out and then slide your first finger back down toward the head stock.
Next Place your first finger back at the fifth fret on the E string and pick the E string. Then using your third finger place it on the seventh fret of the first string. Picking the E string again.
And then place your pinky at the eighth fret of the first string. And pick the E string. Picking up and down picking 4 times. Then fret the 7th fret on the first string picking the E string. And fret the 5th fret of the first string and pick the E string.
Then Fret the fifth fret of the B string with your first finger. Picking the B String. Which is the second string. Next fret the sixth fret of the B string using your second finger. Pick the B string again. Raise the second finger off the string and pick the B string again.
After that place your third finger on the seventh fret of the G string. And pick the G string.
Repeat the same sequence of picking from the B string. (Frets 5 6 5 then G string 7) Four times. When you get to the fourth time and your fretting the G string at the 7th fret. Your going to pick up and down on the G string 6 times.
Then fret the G string, 3rd string at the 5th fret. Picking the G string. Move down half a step to the 4th fret of the third string and pick the G string again.
That sounds like a lot. But take your time, go slow and learn a little at a time. Then move to the next part. To make it a lot easier for you I did tab it out. Consider Patron to get this tab and more.
I Love the Rain Chord Progression
The verse starts after that cool intro lick. It starts with the A chord. This song is in 4/4 timing. So you are consistently counting to 4. The next couple of chords are G, F, and E. You are playing these four chords 4 times through.
Then there is a lick between the verse and the chorus. It is played completely on the G string. In this order here are the frets 4 5 4 2 4.
Next is the chorus: The chorus starts out with the A chord and then goes to the G chord. Count two beats of the A chord. By strumming down two times. Then move to the G chord. Strum down two times when playing the G chord.
See Why Guitarists are Raving About this Training!
- Click to find out: Easy Blues Composition Video Lessons
Then immediately play this riff. Pick the open A string. (5th string). Then fret the A string at the second fret. And play the A string again. After that pick the open D string.
Then play the same notes. Pick the open A string. (5th string). Then fret the A string at the second fret. And play the A string again. After that pick the open D string. Ending by fretting the D string. (4th string). At the second fret. Make sure you use your first finger. So that you will be ready to play the A chord again. Pick the D string.
Then starting with the A chord repeat the same chords and notes. This will complete the chorus.
After that there is another verse and chorus.
The outro is the same as the chorus and then fades out.
Take a look at the fender guitar like the one used in the Video at Reverb.
I Love the Rain Lyrics
The Clouds are forming She comes again I'll go and walk with her Along the Sceine Soon she'll be storming Here comes the winds But that don't bother me Cause she's my friend I Love the Rain I Love the Rain I've held our memories All of these years So Many good times And many tears I share my dreams with her I share my fears So I just walk with her until she veers Off in the distance I love the rain I love the rain I love, I Love, I love the rain Oh Just as she always does She has to leave With her she takes my heart into her breeze Sometimes I think that she Just likes to tease Still I'll be waiting For her reprise I love the rain I love the rain I love the rain I love the rain I love the rain I Love, I love, I love the Rain.
Related Article: How Do You Play Tennessee Flat Top Box.
I Love the Rain Chords on Guitar
The chords in the song are A G F and E. I like to play the bar chords, but if you are a beginner you could play the open chords. Take a look at the open chord chart below.
Related Article: Easy Beatles Songs on Guitar.